Sat Nam Members of the Sadh Sangat,
This is a reminder that the voter application period for the Siri Singh Sahib Corporation 2020 Election cycle is now open. It will remain open until November 1, 2019.
In previous communications we have shared the details about the new process by which members of the community who are not Ministers of Sikh Dharma or members of the International Khalsa Council, but who are eligible, may apply to become part of the Siri Singh Sahib Corporation Electorate. This email will tell you:
- Who is eligible to apply to become a voter
- Why you should consider voting
- How to apply to become a voter
Voter Eligibility Requirements:
- You are currently and have been living and practicing the Sikh lifestyle according to the teachings of Siri Singh Sahib Bhai Sahib Harbhajan Singh Khalsa Yogiji for at least 7 consecutive years, and
- You are currently and have been an active member of the Sikh Dharma/3HO community for at least 7 consecutive years, and
- You are not currently, nor have you ever been involved in any activities, organizations or communications that harm, threaten, misrepresent or are adverse to the mission of the Siri Singh Sahib, his teachings or his legacy organizations
Why Should You Consider Voting:
Selecting the leadership of the Siri Singh Sahib Corporation board is an important job, and it is the responsibility of the Electorate to select individuals who will work to uphold the mission and vision of the Siri Singh Sahib Corporation.
As you have read, The Siri Singh Sahib Corporation’s Board of Trustees is responsible for governing the boards that oversee the organizations and businesses that are central to our community. The Corporation, with the leadership of the Board, deals with a myriad of issues that face a rapidly expanding organization dedicated to the promotion of the teachings of Sikh Dharma and Kundalini Yoga as taught by Yogi Bhajan.
The SSSC has huge responsibilities as it must provide both the spiritual and temporal leadership over the Siri Singh Sahib’s legacy. On the spiritual level, it must set the direction for the organization and on the temporal side it deals with the administrative issues that come with oversight over the numerous nonprofit and for-profit organizations that the Siri Singh Sahib left behind to benefit humanity.
The elected Trustees are intended to represent the leadership and voices of the community. This process allows more of our community to have a voice in electing the individuals who will serve the mission and vision of the Siri Singh Sahib Corporation for the next 5 years.
How to Apply to Become a Voter:
If you meet the qualifications specified under the voter eligibility section of this letter, and would like to apply to be part of the Electorate Body for the 2020 election these are the steps to follow:
- Get 3 letters of recommendation from Ministers or Khalsa Council members in Good Standing/Active. You will need these before starting the online application. Note: Letters of recommendation cannot be written by relatives.
- Complete the online application. This application will be available on the SSSC website starting June 1, 2019. The application period ends on November 1, 2019.
After the packet is submitted it will be sent to the Sikh Dharma International (SDI) Secretary General as well as the Office of Dharmic Counsel for review.
Once vetted, the application will be sent to the Khalsa Council Executive Committee for approval.
The Khalsa Council Executive Committee will review and make a decision on your eligibility. The Election team will reach out to you to let you know of your approval status by January 15, 2020. If approved, you will then receive a voter ID on March 1, 2020.
Note: if the Khalsa Council Executive Committee or Office of Dharmic Counsel requires more information for your application they will reach out to you via email. Please respond as quickly as possible. Responses must be received within the application period to be accepted. Failure to respond in the timeline indicated may result in the denial of your application.
We hope you will join us in this process. If you have any questions about the election process, the Siri Singh Sahib Corporation, or our organizations and businesses please email them to email@example.com
You can also visit the Siri Singh Sahib Corporation’s website to learn more about the Corporation’s mission and vision, the current Trustees, our organizational structure, previous election processes, and more.
Satwant Singh Khalsa
Siri Singh Sahib Corporation