Who we are
Our website address is: https://khalsa-network.eu.
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
We only collect personal information that is relevant to the purpose of our website. This information allows us to provide you with a customized and efficient experience. We collect the following types of information from our Khalsa Network users:
INFORMATION YOU PROVIDE TO US
- We receive and store any information you enter on our website or provide to us in any other way. You can choose not to provide us with certain information, but then you may not be able to take advantage of many of our special features.
- Registration: In order for you to use Khalsa Network services you must complete a registration form. As part of this registration form, we require certain personal information. Our lawful basis for collecting personal information from you is to provide our services and to communicate with you through your consent when you register with us. Our collection of personal information from you is limited to information that we require in order to provide our services to you.
- User Profile: To allow you to express yourself beyond just the information collected during registration, we enable you to provide additional information, such as your first and last names, email address, social media account names, your birthday, a bio, favorite URLs, and instant messaging IDs. In addition, you may choose to include photos of yourself in your profile. As indicated below, in the section titled “Sharing Your Information”, you can control how your information is displayed and used.
- You have the right to edit, update, access, or transfer your personal information, or to delete your personal information if you are terminating your registration with Khalsa Network .
- We receive and store certain types of information whenever you interact with us. Khalsa Network and its authorized agents automatically receive and record certain “traffic data” on their server logs from your browser and apps including your IP address, Khalsa Network cookie information, and the page you requested. Khalsa Network uses this traffic data to help diagnose problems with its servers, analyze trends and administer the website. This does not involve collecting any of your personal information.
- In addition to the “traffic data”, Khalsa Network and its authorized agents may collect information about the device you’re using to access Khalsa Network , its operating system, unique device identifier, device settings such as language and crash data. Which data is specifically collected depends on the type of device and/or system running on that device. This data is again used to help us diagnose problems with the site and/or mobile apps and analyze trends. This does not involve collecting any of your personal information.
- Khalsa Network may collect and use information regarding the geographic location of your devices. If the location data contains your personal information, then Khalsa Network will treat this location data in accordance with this Policy.
- Khalsa Network may collect and, on any page, display the total counts that page has been viewed. This includes User Profile pages.
- Many companies offer programs that help you to visit websites anonymously. While Khalsa Network will not be able to provide you with a personalized experience if we cannot recognize you, we want you to be aware that these programs are available.
E-mail: Khalsa Network is very concerned about your privacy and we will never provide your email address to a third party without your explicit permission, as detailed in the “Sharing Your Information” section below. Khalsa Network may send out emails with Khalsa Network -related news, products, offers, surveys or promotions. You may also receive notification emails from Khalsa Network , which inform you of actions (e.g. “new follows”) that have been performed on the site. We send these emails to you based on receiving your consent at registration. If you do not want to receive email from us, please visit the “email Preferences” section of your User Profile and/or follow the “unsubscribe” instructions contained in each email message. However, please note that in all cases you will continue to receive all system emails (e.g. those regarding forgotten user passwords) and legal notices (e.g. updates to our policies) from us unless you terminate your registration.
Cookies are alphanumeric identifiers that we transfer to your computer’s hard drive through your Web browser to enable our systems to recognize your browser and tell us how and when pages in our website are visited and by how many people. Khalsa Network cookies do not collect personal information.
SHARING YOUR INFORMATION
Because Khalsa Network enables people to discover and share information with one another, information about the people who use Khalsa Network is an integral part of the Khalsa Network experience. Rest assured that we will not rent or sell your personal information to anyone and that we will share your personal information only as described below:
- Khalsa Network Personnel: Khalsa Network personnel and authorized consultants and/or contractors may have access to user information if necessary in the normal course of Khalsa Network business.
- User Profile information: Information collected during registration and subsequent visits, such as your full name and location, may be displayed to other Khalsa Network users in your User Profile. The User Profile is the area on Khalsa Network where we allow you to tell other Khalsa Network users about yourself. You may control what personal information is displayed in your User Profile by visiting the Settings section of your User Profile.
- Followers’ Activity: Much like other online social networks, Khalsa Network allows non-followers to browse your followers’ activity.
- Syndication: Khalsa Network allows for the RSS syndication of all of its public content within the Khalsa Network website.
- Service Providers: Khalsa Network may share user information as well as information from tools such as cookies, log files, device identifiers and location data, with third-parties that help Khalsa Network provide services to you (“Service Providers”). Our Service Providers will be given access to your information as is reasonably necessary for Khalsa Network to provide our services. Khalsa Network requires Services Providers to protect your data in a manner consistent with this Policy and to limit the use of such information to the performance of services for Khalsa Network. Khalsa Network may also remove parts of data that can identify you and share anonymized data with Service Providers, including combining your information with other information in a way that it is no longer associated with you.
- Data Storage: Your encrypted personal information is stored on servers provided by a third-party cloud-based service provider that protects and stores your data in a manner that is consistent with this Policy.
- With Your Consent: Except as noted above, we will contact you when your personal information is shared with third parties or used for a purpose incompatible with the purpose(s) for which it was originally collected, and you will be able to opt out to prevent the sharing of this information.
KEEPING INFORMATION AND OUR WEBSITE SECURE
- Your Khalsa Network account information is protected by an encrypted password for your privacy and security. Protect against unauthorized access to your password and to your computer by logging off once you have finished using a shared computer.
- Only employees who need personal information to perform a specific job (for example, a customer service representative) are granted access to it. All of our employees are kept up to date on our privacy and security practices.
WAYS TO CONTROL DISPLAY AND USE OF YOUR INFORMATION
- As stated previously, you can always opt not to disclose information, but then you may be unable to use certain features on our website.
- By visiting your User Profile, you can correct, amend, add or delete personal information on our website.
- Please note that you will continue to receive all system emails (e.g. those regarding forgotten user passwords) and legal notices (e.g. updates to our policies) from us unless you terminate your registration with Khalsa Network.
- As explained earlier, the “help” portion of the toolbar on the majority of browsers will direct you on how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to command the browser to tell you when you receive a new cookie, or how to fully disable cookies. Please note, however, that if your browser does not accept cookies, you will not be able to take advantage of some of our attractive features.
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you visit our login page, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Where we send your data
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.